This recipe didn’t start out as a blog post, I actually created it for some dinner party guests but after we all tasted it and a collective moan of culinary pleasure was heard around the table, I knew I had to share this one!
These brownies are made with coconut flour, so its great for those on a grain free diet, but I promise no one will ever guess. They turn out just like you would expect a brownie to be, moist, dense, and oh so chocolately.
The subtle flavor of pumpkin and spices adds another layer that’s great for the season right now and is not overwhelming at all. It’s more like an added layer of mystery as in, “Oh my gosh, this is so good! What is that extra awesome something in these things?” But enough talking, on with the recipe!
Grain Free Pumpkin Brownies
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup nut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend together dry ingredients in one bowl. I don't consider sugar a dry ingredient, so save that for the wet stuff.
- Whisk eggs lightly then add nut butter (I used peanut butter), honey, sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
- Melt the butter and coconut oil, then add them to the egg mixture along with the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Pour the wet stuff into the dry stuff and gently stir until everything is combined.
- Grease a 9 inch glass dish and pour in the batter, leveling it out then sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Cook for approximately 30 to 40 minutes or until a knife stuck into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
I used Ghirardelli cocoa powder and 60% dark chocolate chips for this, but you can use what you like.
This is the bowl I used, I had to snatch it away to take pictures of it before it was all gone. Man I am seriously craving these brownies just looking at these photos!
Try my recipe and tell me what you think! Have you got a brownie recipe you’d like to share? Questions? Leave me a comment below.